Thursday, March 10, 2011

One Last Leap

These past few months have been all about me taking steps of faith. Among the many, a few were:

  • That I could survive one month of eating only rice and beans
  • That, yes, God really did want to use me and that I could trust Him to help me with this project
  • That if I made myself vulnerable in my writings on this blog, those words would be of service to God and this cause. And, others would listen to them.
Well, now I am facing one last faith challenge. But this time I'm not taking a step - I'm leaping. 

Since the beginning of this project, I've planned on making my donation on the last day for whatever amount was needed to reach the $5000 goal. I set $500 as the highest amount I could possibly give. 

As I write this, $1122 still needs to be donated. That is obviously higher than what I had planned on giving, but my tax refund and some sacrificial giving could cover it. 

I've decided to take one great, final leap of faith instead. I'm going to donate the $500 I had planned on, and I'm going to do it right now with one full day left in the campaign. To do otherwise, would mean I took matters into my own hands instead of allowing God to demonstrate His power and receive the glory due Him.

I believe that God will cause the remaining $622 to be donated. And, if it isn't, I will know that it wasn't because of a lack of faith or obedience on my part. It was because not everyone who was supposed to listen listened and not everyone who was called to take a step or perhaps leap of faith took it.

God wants this well built and wells will be built, but He is leaving this one in our hands. 


We wait in hope for the Lord;
     he is our help and our shield.
In him our hearts rejoice,
     for we trust in his holy name.
May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord,
     even as we put our hope in you.
     - Psalm 33: 20-22


No comments:

Post a Comment