Sunday, February 13, 2011

Thanksgiving

It's been a few weeks since I ended the rice and beans part of this project. I'm now back to eating and drinking whatever I want.

Every time I think about having a meal or snack, I get excited. The possibilities are endless, and there is so much I am hungry to taste again. Foods that I wouldn't normally get excited about are like brand new, and every taste of something not rice or beans is special.

Perhaps because of this excitement and what I learned during January, I also can't approach a meal now without feeing incredibly thankful. Each bite is a reason for joy and a reminder of the One who provided it for me. He has given me the means to indulge any food craving I may have, and He has also shown me what a gift I have been given in regard to my ability to eat whatever I want. I haven't looked at food the same way since January ended, and I hope I never do.

Now, I only spent a month limiting my diet. Can you imagine the excitement someone who had no option in their food choices their entire life would feel if all of a sudden they were given access to what I've been taking for granted my whole life? What joy! And, what thanksgiving!

What if they had never had clean water, and we built a well in their community? Think about it.


And, for those of you who have been wondering, here's what I ate February 1st:
Breakfast: A big glass of juice
            Christmas cookies (Thanks, Katie!)
            Zucchini bread
Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwich
            Chips
            Donut
Dinner: Spaghetti and meatballs
            More Christmas cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment