Monday, January 31, 2011

Thank You!

One of my favorite parts of the Pauline epistles are the final verses of each letter where Paul addresses his supporters by name. I love this glimpse into Paul's life, which has always made him more of a real person to me.

While I would never claim to have reached Pauline heights of service, I would like to publicly acknowledge those who have played an integral role in my finishing this January project. Without their support and care, I would have faced a much more difficult 31 days.

Mary: You were there at the beginning. And, you wore the bracelet all month. You never wavered.

My spectacular prayer team and my posse: Amy, Belinda, Crystal, Katie H., Shannon, Mary, and Kim

Tracy: Before this water project was even close to being an idea in my head, you were teaching me how ordinary people can make a big difference. Thank you for clearing a path for me to follow.

Katie D. and Susan: Thank you for getting it.

Allyson, Elizabeth, and Ronda: Best coworkers ever. I forgive you for tempting me with donuts.

Seacoast Vineyard Church and Gateway Community Church: For prayers, support, and instruction.

Mom and Dad: You taught me to listen for the Spirit and to obey. Thank you for a firm foundation. And, thanks for Friday night rice and bean meals.

Peter: I couldn't ask for a better brother. Thanks for making me laugh.

Darcy: Thanks for being so cute. Best mascot ever.

And, thanks to all of you who have sent me encouraging emails directly or via my mom and friends. Your words have strengthened me and helped keep me motivated.

But above all and in the words of Paul,

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
          - Ephesians 3:20-21

2 comments:

  1. OVER $2000!! I'm so proud of you, friend!!!!!! You are an inspiration and an absolute Joy to know and Love!

    "be doers of the word, and not hearers only.." (James 1:22)

    Yep. That's you, my friend. A doer of the word, not just a hearer.. Such a blessing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your parents were in my store and told me about your mission, very cool. I would like to talk with you about donations and publishing your blog on the conwayjournal.com. I couldn't find a way to contact you on your blog. Can you email me at stephensstan@msn.com
    Thanks
    Stan

    ReplyDelete