Monday, January 17, 2011

Midway Inspiration

Wow. I can't believe it but January is halfway over.

I thought that at the midway point I would share with you some of the things that have been inspiring me this past month. When you're in the middle of things, it's easy to lose momentum. The goal seems far off and yet approaching too quickly. Instead of giving in to the pressure, it's best to remind yourself why you're in this anyways. So, for me and for you, here are some of the things that inspire me to keep going.



I have found the paradox that if I love until it hurts, there is no hurt, but only more love.
                    - Mother Teresa

If you can't feed 100 people, just feed one.
                    - Mother Teresa

The poor and needy search for water,
          but there is none;
          their tongues are parched with thirst.
But I the Lord will answer them;
          I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
I will make rivers flow on barren heights,
          and springs within the valleys.
I will turn the desert into pools of water,
          and the parched ground into springs.
I will put in the desert
          the cedar and the acacia, the myrtle and the olive.
I will set pines in the wasteland,
          the fir and the cypress together,
so that people may see and know,
          may consider and understand,
that the hand of the Lord has done this,
          that the Holy One of Israel has created it.
                    - Isaiah 41:17-20



1 comment: