Thursday, January 6, 2011

My Medicine Cabinent

As my Southern coworkers often like to remind me, I'm not from around here. Usually, this comment comes because I've said something really straight forward or, to their ears, harsh. In many ways, this just proves I'm my father's daughter. So, when I told my dad that I was doing this project and his first response was to tell me I'd be stupid not to see a doctor before I started, I didn't think anything of it.  Some of my Southern friends, on the other hand, probably would have been quite upset... Anyway, I'd already planned a doctor's appointment so Dad's comment made me laugh at our similarities. (Love you, Dad!)

As of the start of January, I'm now on quite the vitamin regimen:

A multivitamin with Iron
Vitamin C
Vitamin D
Zinc
Calcium
B Complex
Vitamin E

When my doctor gave me this list of supplements, I felt a twinge in my heart. I'm only living a rice and bean lifestyle for a month, but there are real people who live this way everyday. Vitamins aren't even close to being a part of their reality.

But, my heart didn't break until the end of our conversation when my doctor said: Oh and make sure you drink plenty of water.

1 comment:

  1. How we take God's blessings for granted!

    Through your efforts may many have the blessing of clean water in their lives.

    May the living water which flows from God's fountain refresh and fill you today.

    xoxoxo THE ACM

    ReplyDelete